Volunteers are the heart of Francis House, working side-by-side staff members to provide loving and individualized care to every resident.
Volunteers complete ten hours of training classes presented in two-hour segments for five consecutive weeks. Training sessions are provided several times throughout the year. Volunteers also shadow experienced volunteers before their first shift.
Many of our volunteers provide help with the direct care of our residents by cooking and serving meals or sitting vigil by the bedside. Other volunteer opportunities include: receptionist and greeter, maintenance, gardeners, clerical support and special interest projects.
- Making a difference in the lives of our residents and their family members
- Meeting new people
- Opportunities to volunteer with your family
- Safe, residential neighborhood
- Free parking
- 10 hours of free training
- Flexible shifts
- Opportunities to work at home
- Annual appreciation dinner
If you are interested in becoming a part of the ministry of Francis House, please call Rea Carver, Volunteer Coordinator, at (315) 475-5422 or email at email@example.com