Francis House has two homes located at 108 and 114 Michaels Avenue on the north side of Syracuse, New York. We are able to care for eight residents at a time at 108 Michaels Avenue and seven residents at a time at 114 Michaels Avenue.
The original house, an old Bostonian built in 1918, holds our administrative offices, a living room and dining room. A building expansion project was completed on 108 Michaels Avenue in 1998 to create eight resident bedrooms, kitchen, great room and chapel. In 2003, 114 Michaels Avenue was built next to 108 Michaels Avenue to include seven resident bedrooms, great room, kitchen and chapel.
Each resident has a private bedroom. Residents and family members are welcome to spend time in all common areas of our homes. Caregivers are present to care for residents 24-hours a day. Volunteers are present from 8:00 a.m. through the day until 10:00 p.m.